Tuesday 28 April 2009

Urban Vineyard?


Its not everyday that you stumble across a vineyard on your way to the shops living in London. Despite traveling this route into Twickenham many times sure enough I bumped into these little beauties on Saturday going past Redless park on the Twickenham Road. I had to go back on Sunday to check them out and take some photos as its only about a 5 minute bike ride from my flat. Armed with my camera and laptop I took the following pictures and spent the best part of the sunny afternoon sitting in the park. I wrote up my tasting note from Saturday night sitting next to these vines and organised my collection of notes on Argentina and the Mendoza which was posted on Sunday.

Doing some digging online I found out that these vines yield Riesling, Pinot Noir and Dunkelfelder and were planed by Hazel Murray back in May 1997 when this space used to be an allotment. More information can be found here.

I look forward to documenting the progression of these vines of which ill try and take pictures regularly
.Enjoy the urban vineyard.










Ill end again on my favorite picture from the day. (Click to open a high resolution image)



No comments:

Post a Comment